What is NOT included in Westcoast Support?
Much like Microsoft there are support boundaries (referred to as "out of scope"). A list of examples of what is defined as out of scope includes, by is not limitted to:
Licenses not purchased via Westcoast
Please see the guidance provided by Microsoft:
- Where Westcoast confirm that the cause of the issue is due to a DNS issue. This is usually managed by the partner or an external DNS hosting provider. Microsoft and Westcoast provide troubleshooting steps to assist in diagnosing DNS issues.
Localised Network Issues
- Where localised network performance has been affected by the deployment of Office 365. A list of network planning and best practises can be found here: Microsoft Networking and Migration Best Practises
Individual Client Office Issues
- Where errors and issues are experienced by individual users on a PC or laptop. Microsoft and Westcoast provide troubleshooting steps to assist in diagnosing issues experienced in the Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint) with a 'best effort' approach. In these cases however beyond these steps and tools, a support case should be raised via Assisted Support as they are not supported via CSP.
- Individual client issues are difficult to pin point issues as in most cases only one/a few users are affected, after troubleshooting from Westcoast and Microsoft the end resolution could be to re-install the Operating System and Office suite.
Operating System Issues
- Where errors and issues are experienced by individual users on a PC or laptop. Issues diagnosed as due to Operating System errors, cases should be raised directly to Microsoft Business Support
Apple and Android App Support
- All Apple and Android app device support must be raised directly to the respective support service on the device in question. As instructed by Microsoft the user should:
"Reproduce the problem you are having, and then tap Settings -> Help -> Contact Support"
Migration - Microsoft Out of Hours High Priority Calls
- Migration service requests cannot be raised as a High Priority Service Request as this is not caused by a Microsoft outage. Therefore during the planning stage of the migration it is good practise to ensure that a service request is raised so an engineer can be available to assist in the appropriate timezone.
Root cause Analysis
- Westcoast support provide a break/fix service. Where an issue has been investigated and resolved but a root cause analysis is required this may be a chargeable service.
- The cause of the issue may be offered during diagnosis, however is not guaranteed for every support case, if root cause analysis is required please visit this site.